Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Will i trade for a catalyst play? Why?

If i remember correctly, i made about $5k from trading of Matex International and $17k from SBI Offshore from catalyst play in 2014.

I hold Matex for 3 days only (contra) and SBI Offshore for a couple of weeks. Am i happy now to be able to guess correctly from this trading and make more than $20k in less than a month?


My answer is "No".


Since i started my blog middle of last year, i have promised myself that i will not be doing trading for catalyst play anymore. I want to focus on long term investing, invest in a company that i am comfortable with, based on my findings. If i continue doing trading for catalyst play, i am very sure i will get burned one day in the future. When? I do not know.

When i continue to profit from this kind of trading, i will get addicted and in my subsequent round of trading, i am very sure i will bet higher and higher amount of money comparing to my previous trading. This is bad for a long term investor, and i should keep this kind of mindset far away from me.

Personally i think, the key in successful investing is to find a right strategy that meets our personality & philosophy, and to stick to that strategy (be consistent).


This is solely my personal view for my own personality. I just need to keep reminding myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment