Monday, January 14, 2019

Short, Short Term Trading, Contra, Margin, Blue Chip, S Chip - SKIP ALL!


There are many forms of strategy or trading pattern in the market.

I used to do short term trading and contra in the past. Some times i lose money, some times i made money. I still remember i made 5 figures from a short term trading of SBI Offshore in the past. I used a catalyst to buy and held for about a month then sold them. But does this kind of strategy suit my personality and is able to deliver a good return for me in a long run?

Recently i was very tempted to buy Singtel when it dropped to $2.86. Then i asked myself "What is my purpose to invest in Singtel? As it is trading near historically recent low? Do i plan to have dividend income from Singtel? How much do i value Singtel's business? Do i think that my portfolio value is high enough for me to change my investment strategy? Do i hope it will bounce back to a higher price then i can sell and profit from it? How much do i plan to invest in it? What is my strategy going forward?"

There were many more questions popped out from my mind at that time. I have been trying my best to discipline myself to stick to my own investment strategy which i think it is heading in the correct way so far? Maybe i can speed up my portfolio value by adding in a variety of trading strategy, but is it what i want to have in my investment journey? It is clearly the answer is "No".

What i am working towards is having a good & reliable system and is able to deliver a consistent return in a long period of time (maybe in bull or bear market).

My investment journey is not about having a race to have a faster finishing line, in fact i hope to have a longer finishing line so that i can learn more along the way.

I want to eliminate many kind of thing which is irrelevant to my main strategy now.

To have a simple system in a very complex market is the best strategy for me so far!

I will keep learning and maybe i will have to change my system along the way, but let it be baby steps!




3 comments:

  1. Permit me to introduce you to LE-MERIDIAN FUNDING SERVICES. We are directly into pure loan and project(s) financing in terms of investment. We provide financing solutions to private/companies seeking access to funds in the capital markets i.e. oil and gas, real estate, renewable energy, Pharmaceuticals, Health Care, transportation, construction, hotels and etc. We can finance up to the amount of $900,000,000.000 (Nine Hundred Million Dollars) in any region of the world as long as our 1.9% ROI can be guaranteed on the projects.
    Le-Meridian Funding Service.
    (60 Piccadilly, Mayfair, London W1J 0BH, UK) Email Contact Info...lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waow this is quite pleasant article, my sister love to read such type of post, I am going to tell her and bookmarking this webpage. Thanks business consulting firm

    ReplyDelete
  3. I essentially discovered your site page and expected that would state that I have truly respected the experience of looking on the web diary sections. report代写

    ReplyDelete